Viracta Therapeutics is public biotechnology company committed to advancing new medicines to benefit patients with viral-associated cancers and other serious diseases. Viracta’s proprietary platform is a highly targeted combination therapy approach for virus-associated malignancies. Our initial focus is on cancers associated with the Epstein Barr Virus (EBV). We will also expand into additional applications to utilize this approach for a range of cancers and virus-associated diseases.
Viracta Therapeutics is seeking an experienced VP/Senior Director, Investor Relations & Corporate Communications to plan and execute Viracta investor relations and corporate communications initiatives to assure the Company is well positioned with investors and media as well as aligned with Company goals and strategies. This position reports to the COO/CFO and will involve significant interaction with the executive leadership team.
LEAD INVESTOR RELATIONS STRATEGY:
- Develop strategies and programs to keep the financial community current on company performance, goals and industry dynamics.
- Maintain existing IR presentation materials and develop new materials as needed.
- Track and maintain a record of sell-side analysts’ coverage including estimates, ratings, reports and other relevant data.
- Develop and produce reports and presentations on the company’s shareholders for senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Interact with management at client companies to help create, plan and execute investor relations programs that can effectively generate interest and deliver messages to financial audiences, including KOL calls, analyst days, etc.
- Draft and edit investor relations communications materials including press releases, conference call scripts, Fact Sheets in order to achieve communication plan objectives.
- Participate in the quarterly reporting process, including calls with management, drafting earnings releases, conference call scripts and Q&A documents.
- Write and manage content for corporate website.
- Manage social media efforts, as it relates to investor relations.
- Attend investor conferences and accompany client management on roadshows with institutional investors and sell side analysts.
LEAD CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS OPERATIONS:
- Lead the development and execution of the public relations strategy to advance the business’ strategic objectives with key audiences.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify opportunities to generate trade coverage surrounding key scientific publications and presentations.
- Cultivate relationships with media contacts to generate interest in key industry news and research/recommend PR opportunities.
- Lead the development of original content to support the company’s content strategy, including videos, written testimonials, byline articles, case studies, and social content.
- Monitor media and social media for relevant stories and provide timely recommendations on potential media response from the company.
- Develop and maintain local/regional media, national and trade media lists and maintain PR support tools (PR database(s), media monitoring/clipping services, etc.).
- Maintain tracker of relevant original/organic coverage and generate reports to communicate results/effectiveness of PR efforts.
- Support additional PR projects and campaigns as assigned.
- Support other internal and external communication projects/plans as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 8 to 10 years of corporate communication experience, including investor relations and public relations communications.
- Experience launching, leading and measuring internal and external communication programs in a healthcare, biotech or drug development organization is required.
- Experience with media relations, managing outside agencies to optimize productivity, and overseeing corporate web site and intranet.
- Strong knowledge of capital markets and related constituents is required.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex subjects.
Viracta Therapeutics offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to humanresources@Viracta.