Position Title: Medical Director
Functional Area: Clinical Development
Job Type: Full Time
Required qualifications: MD with 5-8 years’ experience in clinical research or drug development. Specialization in oncology, hematology or internal medicine is a plus.
ABOUT VIRACTA THERAPEUTICS:
Viracta Therapeutics is private biotechnology company committed to advancing new medicines to benefit patients with viral-associated cancers and other serious diseases. Viracta’s proprietary platform is a highly targeted combination therapy approach for virus-associated malignancies. Our initial focus is on cancers associated with the Epstein Barr Virus (EBV). We will also expand into additional applications to utilize this approach for a range of cancers and virus-associated diseases.
We are currently seeking a full time Medical Director to join our experienced drug development team in Cardiff, CA. The Medical Director will be responsible for providing medical/disease area expertise into various aspects of the clinical development program, and for the timely execution of our clinical trials together with the clinical operations team. We are seeking a strong team player with excellent communication skills, and the ability to contribute to a collaborative interdisciplinary environment.
- Contribute scientific and strategic input to the development and execution of the clinical programs.
- Build relationships within the clinical/scientific community and with external experts.
- Provide clinical expertise to support other departments (e.g. for target evaluation, discovery, etc).
- Develop clinical trial protocols, study reports and other documents.
- Contribute medical /scientific input to clinical strategy and Regulatory documents (Investigator’s Brochure, IND annual report, Health Authority briefing books and submissions, etc).
- Drive the execution of clinical trials with the clinical operations team (including selection of investigators/study sites, patient enrollment).
- Maintain oversight of drug safety and safety monitoring in clinical trials.
- Review and approval of study documents throughout the clinical trial course: feasibility questionnaires, pre-study/initiation/monitoring/close-out visit reports, statistical analysis plans, AE reconciliation reports, etc.
- Degree in Medicine, with 5-8 years’ experience in clinical research or drug development. Specialization in oncology, hematology or internal medicine is a plus.
- Excellent analytical abilities, together with presentation and communication skills
- Familiar with all aspects of the clinical development process.
- Proven ability to interpret efficacy and safety data relating to assigned area.
- Medical-Scientific writing skills.
- Knowledge of GCP
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Active, dynamic and a team player
Viracta Therapeutics offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line. No recruiters please.